Solving a real world problem
I am living in a small village somewhere in europe. It seems like the only reason people get up in the morning here is to go to a Café and talk about others. “Person X’s cow was killed by a drunk police officer last night” or “Y was seen with Z” is a normal conversation starter.
When I was looking for a new project to code in my free time, I knew it should solve a real world problem. Why not create a website where people could gossip about stuff happening around them?
An important part here would be that no one has to use their real name. Do you know the feeling when you see someone on the street or on facebook and you want to tell them how you feel so you would feel better?
- Facebook: I hate your status updates but I am too lazy to unsubscribe.
- Office: Bob your breath smells like a dead animal, please see a doctor.
- Village: Alberto, I hate your pizza place, your waiter if a fucking asshole.
But if you are a normal person you don’t do it because:
- you don’t want to hurt others
- you don’t want to ruin your name
- you don’t want any trouble
I am aware that this will be a tool for trolling and mobbing. for that I added a report function so it stays as clean as possible.
Tell me that I lost my mind for creating this website?